The products on the shelves of your local grocery store can contain toxic chemicals linked to learning and developmental disabilities. We shouldn’t need a chemistry degree to figure out what is safe for our family.
That’s why retailers need to take the lead, and stop selling harmful products. But while some retailers have stepped up to the plate, others are lagging behind.
Albertsons is one of the nation’s largest grocery chains, with 2,200 stores including stores under the Safeway, Shaw’s, Jewel-Osco, and Acme names. In 2013, the Safer Chemicals, Safer Familiar coalition gave Albertsons a failing grade for their handling of toxic products. Four years later, Albertsons has yet to take meaningful action.
Tell Albertsons to turn up the heat on toxic chemicals this summer!
Will you take a minute to call customer service for Albertsons?
1. Call (877) 276-9637. When you hear the recording, press 1 for customer service.
2. You can use these talking points. Feel free to put it in your own words and speak from the heart.
• I’m calling about toxic chemicals in products.
• I’m concerned that Albertsons [or other store owned by Albertsons here] sells products with chemicals linked to learning disabilities and other challenges.
• Costumers need your company to be a leader on this important issue.
• Please develop a comprehensive safer chemicals policy to ensure all products are safe. Thank you!
3. Tell us that you made a call. Just reply to this email and let us know how it went!
Healthy Children Project
Learning Disabilities Association
P.S. Together, we are making our products, air, soil and water safer for all families. Please share this action so we can have an even bigger impact!